Attorneys at Law

Lawyers with over 60 years of combined experience in Tippecanoe and all surrounding counties.

300 Main Street Suite #500
Lafayette, IN 47901

Blog: Ask a Lawyer

  • Is Failing to Provide Information False Informing?

    The importance of always exercising your right to remain silent when dealing with law enforcement officers was proven once again in a recent Indiana case which held that a false informing conviction may not be based upon failing to provide information to the police.

  • Expunging Misdemeanor Convictions

    You may be eligible to expunge your misdemeanor conviction five (5) years after the date the conviction was entered. This includes a Class D and Level 6 felony conviction later reduced to a Class A misdemeanor.

    To qualify for expungement you must have paid all your fines, fees, court costs, and any restitution requirement. You must not had any other convictions within 5 years preceding filing for expungement. You must also have no pending criminal charges.

    The prosecutor can agree to allow someone to file earlier than the five year waiting period. Early filing is completely within the pros...