After a long period of neglect, some of the potholes on my street were finally patched. Hitting an unseen pothole with your car can cause you serious time and money. The same is true of estate planning where neglect can cause serious financial harm to your heirs. However, these potholes can be avoided with careful estate planning.
Blog: Estates, Wills, and Trusts
- Ask a Lawyer 103
- Legal News 45
- Firm News 28
- Appeals 9
- Criminal Defense 58
- Estates, Wills, and Trusts 16
- Family & Divorce 21
- Marijuana & Other Drugs 31
- Operating While Intoxicated 30
- Personal Injury 4
- Purdue University 7
Regardless of its size, a successful estate plan needs the following 5 elements in place to manage your estate.
- A living will stating the care you want if you become incapacitated and unable to make your wishes known.
- A healthcare power of attorney that names someone to make medical decisions for you if you become incapacitated.
- A financial power of attorney granting a person you trust the authority to make financial decisions on your behalf and use your assets to pay your bills if you become incapacitated.
- A will which directs how assets should be distributed upon your death unless the asset...
Steven Knecht helps clients plan for the management and distribution of their assets through wills and trusts. With 34+ years of experience, he is familiar with the legal wording creating a will or trust and can ensure it is correctly implemented in the
Do you understand how important a will is after you die? Talk to Steven Knecht about a will today.
What causes the delays for estate inheritance? Call Vonderheide and Knecht today to discuss estate planning and any details.