Estates & Wills
In order to protect your hard-earned assets and provide your loved ones with peace of mind, contact a reliable Estate Planning Attorney.
Preparing for the future is important, especially with the complicated laws regarding finances and property today. Our experienced attorneys at Vonderheide & Knecht serve clients in all aspects of estate planning, wills and estate disposition. We understand the sensitive nature of such discussions and strive to make the process of planning for the later years of life simple and straightforward.
Our services include:
- Estate planning
- Guardianship of minor children
- Trusts and Gifts
- Wills, Living Wills (Advance Medical Directives) and Power of Attorney
- Estate administration
It is never too soon to plan for the future, especially considering re-marriages, a large estate or when children are involved. Being experienced Estate Planning Attorney in Lafayette, we can help you prepare the necessary plans so that if some unforeseen event takes place, there is a smooth transition for your survivors.
By planning ahead, you are setting specific instructions so that your wishes are carried out properly.
- Decide who receives your assets and when that transfer can take place
- Select the person to manage your estate (trustee, executor, etc.)
- Choose a guardian for your child/children or plan for the care of a special-needs dependent
- Provide for the sale or orderly perpetuation of a family-owned business
- Reduce or defer taxes and other expenses
- Determine the circumstances for ‘quality of life’ and how your medical care should proceed in case you are incapacitated
- Limit the possibilities of additional claims to your assets by step-children, ex-spouses, creditors or others
Probate laws, the laws that determine how a person’s property is distributed after their death, were updated in 2010. Even if you have already made a will, some of the provisions may have been changed and only an Estate Planning Attorney in Lafayette can verify the accuracy of your document.
We offer free consultations to discuss how we may be able to help you with the preparation of your will and additional estate planning concerns. With over 60 combined years of dedicated service to our clients as an Estate Planning Attorney in Lafayette, we at Vonderheide & Knecht believe that you deserve a reasonable rate for our services. We charge only our usual hourly fee for all our work related to wills and estate planning. This provides us with fair payment and allows you to better determine the actual assets available when the time comes.
If you are looking for a professional Estate Planning Attorney in Lafayette, then contact our offices today for information or to set up an appointment to discuss your will and estate planning needs. We will explain our procedures and fees in advance and offer you caring, dedicated service.